Mortgage Payments After Separation - Who Pays What

Marriage doesn’t always last – and if you are going through a separation, firstly, understand that you’re not alone. In Australia, 30% of first-time marriages and 60% of second marriages end in divorce. One of the biggest problems when couples separate, particularly for those who own a home together, is determining who is moving out, who is staying and who pays the mortgage. 

Participating National Redress Scheme Institutions: What You Need To Know

The purpose of the National Redress Scheme is to acknowledge the impact of institutional child sexual abuse on victims. 

What To Do If A Sibling Disputes A Parent’s Will

The death of a parent is traumatic and whether due to stress, grief or greed, sibling disputes are common. In fact, they are the most common cause of Will disputes. It doesn’t matter how close the siblings were throughout the life of their parents, if someone deems the Will to be unfair, it can cause a bitter fight. In turn, this can lead to a long and expensive legal affair. 

Property Settlement After Separation - Top Tips You Need To Know

When you get married or enter into a de-facto relationship, you generally do so because you expect to be spending your lives together. You begin to merge bank accounts, superannuation, you might buy a car together, pets, and a home. 

National Redress Scheme – Who Can Apply

The National Redress Scheme was created as a support system for those coping with the lifelong, devastating consequences of child sexual abuse at the hands of an institution. Adult survivors struggle long after the abuse takes place and this scheme is both a mechanism for compensation and support. It was created on the back of the Royal Commission on sexual abuse, an inquiry that reviewed child abuse laws Australia and found rampant child sexual abuse at institutions such as schools, youth facilities, and churches. 

Superannuation & Will Disputes: What Are Your Rights?

A superannuation fund is one method by which Australians can save for their retirement. Your employer sets aside money, 9.5% of your wage, for every year that you work and it is supposed to provide you with a fund to live off of once you retire. The more money you save, the more you will have to rely on when your retirement years roll around. You can withdraw money when you turn 65 or when you retire. 

Will Disputes - Common  Reasons People Contest a Will

Death comes to us all eventually. Yet it’s still human nature to grieve whenever someone we love passes away. And these emotional moments will likely become considerably more difficult to deal with if you feel you’ve been unfairly provided for in their Will.

Trustee vs Executor - What You Need To Know

When someone dies, their assets, property, money, shares, and everything else they own is described collectively as that person’s estate. In most cases, they will have written a will which has the instructions for how they want their estate to be dealt with after death. The assets and property within their estate become a legacy, bequest, or inheritance which is left to people called beneficiaries. 

De Facto Relationship Legal Rights During A Relationship Break Down

Regardless of a relationship’s nature, deciding to end it can be a difficult and emotional experience. But when it comes to de facto relationships, many couples are not aware of the relevant legal obligations and implications of separation.

Child Custody - What Age Can A Child Decide Who They Live With?

Separation can be tough, and divorce can often be even harder to deal with. But when a relationship breaks down and children are involved, things become even more complicated. That’s because their future living arrangements must be sorted out. But how? A parenting agreement is a good place to start when deciding child custody in Australia.

Recent Posts